How to Organize a Workshop
I have more than 1234 years of experience in organizing workshops. I give you some tips that you must follow to the letters when organing a workshop.
- No refreshements. You can buy coffee, tea, cookies, or cup noodles, at a nearby store.
- No banquet. You can have dinner at a local restaurant on your own.
- No coffee break. You came to listen to lectures, not to have coffee.
- No excursion. You came to learn recent trend of research, not for tourism.
- No welcome gift. You can buy pens, notebooks, and T-shirts at a local souvenir shop if you want.
- No Wi-Fi. You came to listen to lectures, not to look at your phone during the talk.
- One hour is far more than enough for lunch. In fact, you can finish it in five minutes. Can’t you?
- The first talk of the day starts at 9 AM sharp. You are a grown-up. First graders go to school before that.
- No certificate of attendence issued if you fail to be present in the lecture hall for any single talk. Coming to the first talk at 09:01 is equivalent to absence.
- You are not allowed to look at your mobile devices during the talk. The device will be confiscated if you do despite the warning.
- You are not allowed to finish your talk earlier than scheduled. Practice your talk so that it lasts long enough.